With the rain set in and day I don’t even know how many anymore, of doing the same thing at home, its time to mix things up a little bit today. Its time to getting baking!!
Gluten Free Chocolate Loaf
(I think this is from an old super food ideas magazine, but I can’t be sure cause my recipe is hand written and I didn’t write where I’d copied it from – it was just in amongst a few others I’d named and dated from this magazine)
180g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
4 eggs separated
100g 85% cocoa-dark chocolate grated
1/2 cup almond meal
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup gluten-free self -raising flour
100g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
60g 85% cocoa dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line base and sides of 10.5cm x 20.5cm loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Using electric beaters, cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Using a large metal spoon, fold in grated chocolate, almond meal and milk. Sift cocoa and flour together over chocolate mixture. Gently fold to combine.
4. Using electric beater, beat egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Stir in one-quarter of egg whites into batter. Gently fold in remaining egg whites. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Making chocolate frosting Using electric beaters, beat butter and half the icing sugar until thick and creamy. Add chocolate and beat until smooth. Add remaining icing sugar and stir until well combined. Spread loaf with frosting.